Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Today's Recipe

Today I am inspired to use the slow cooker I got from christmas of my parents. We ahve already used it twice with a slowcooker recipe mix - but this now holds some problems as I am currently doing the Tony Ferguson Diet. So it means in order to cook food in it I need nto start from scratch - good thing I was a chef in a previous life ...hehe.

So todays recipe is going to be like a vegetable and chicken pasta sauce based on tomatoes.

The Recipe:

Step 1:
Dice an onion and fry with a small amount of olive oil in a pan with some dried italian herbs - as we only had some thyme that is what I did mine with. ALso add about three cloves of crushed garlic.

Step 2:
Dice up some vegetales - from the fridge today we have zucchini, carrots and red capsicum. I also halved a punnet of baby roma tomatoes. Toss all this into the slowcooker.

Step 3: Take about 9 chicken thigh fillets and roughly chop into bite sized pieces - add to slow cooker on top of vegetables. Season with some salt and pepper.

Step 4: Scrape in the onion mix, add a jar of Pasata sauce - its an italian tomato sauce. Rinse jar with water and add to slowcooker.

Step 5. Cover slowcooker and turn on high to bring up to temperature, then turn down to low temperature and cook about 6 hours.


So its pretty easy and shall be rather tasty. I will stir in some fresh basil frm the garden just before serving. For my boys I will serve it with some pasta, I think I have penne in the cupboard. For me and my hubby (unless he wants the pasta) I may make some cauliflower rice or serve on some shredded and par steamed cabbage.

Will let you know how it turns out...
Cheers

1 comment:

  1. Greetings from Finland. This blog is a fun, through access to other countries, people, culture and nature. Come see Teuvo pictures on my blog. Tell your friends why he must visit Teuvo pictures on my blog. Therefore, to obtain your country's flag rise higher Teuvo blog pictures of the flag collection. Have a wonderful weeke Teuvo Vehkalahti Finland

    ReplyDelete